Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"God was in this Day"

When this day started out, I thought, "Oh, this is going to be another one of THOSE days"...our phone rang about 7:30 this morning, the mans voice on the other end said, "Are you aware of the water bubbling up in your yard"?, I thought "What is this man talking about?" then it dawned on me that he was serious, and I said, "no, and thank you for letting us know", then I walked as quickly as I could to tell Irvin(who was just shaving and dressing for the day) about the phone call, and after looking at one another, both thinking, what else has happened?...we went to see what he was talking about, when we finally got the garage door opened, and went out on the driveway, expecting to see something like a water spout, or whatever coming up in the middle of our front yard, we DID see water gushing out of the main water line, between our yard and our neighbors yard and running like a river down the street toward the corner...I just stood there looking, but Irvin had the presense of mind to go and get the phone book, and call the water dept. here, and in a matter of minutes, he calmly said,:they said they would be right out", then I called our neighbor, who , like us still didn't know any of this...Wanda (our neighbor) answered, and sounded so cheerful(this lady has muscle problems, and most of the time is in a lot of pain, and going weekly to take shots in her spine), that I hated so badly to tell her, but had to...She calmly , like Irvin, said, "oh, Ann, I am so glad you called to tell us"and that she better wake Fred(her husband)..well, by the time I hung up, the men were here with all of the trucks, etc. and people were driving by looking, the water running down the st. and making mud all along in the street in front of our house...well, right after noon, after digging a very deep hole, putting yellow tape all around the area(looks like a crime scene) I am serious, it does, they left...I asked Irvin, "are they going to just leave it like that, that is such a mess"...he calmly said"they will be back to cover it up when it has a chance to set", whatever that means..oh well,anyway...God WAS in this day...He kept everyone calm, except me...and after thinking to myself, oh thank goodness that man was kind enough to look our number up and call us to tell us .....

No comments: