Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Update

We Went back to Irvin's Doctor today, and as I said I had my little printout from last night...The Dr. checked his eyes , after Irvin telling him that his left eye(the one that he operated on Monday) was still very blurry, and he was unable to see anything out of it, other than shadows) . He (the Dr.), checked the pressure, saying that there was still a small amout there, telling us to continue all drops, plus the drops he added Monday, and that he wanted to see him next Monday. That is when I asked him to please explain why, and how this happened, when he didn't have any trouble at all with the first eye ...He said that this is not common, but one out of 99 patients do have this to happen..We asked him to just let us ask him about what we had found on the internet, I took my printout, and asked him , if he thought by any chance the lens had dislodged, or the bag , being so thin had burst, etc...to every one of the questions I asked , he said , no, he just had the swelling of this eye, will be better, probably in a week, or so, being so casual about the whole matter...I told him, I didn't want him to think I was being disrespectable, but that at the same time, we wanted to know everything , that his eyes are precious to him, and us....Thank you all for your prayers, and may I ask you to keep praying for his eyes...

No comments: